Thursday, March 09, 2006

 

Gallery is back

OK guys. Did some work tonight and I managed to get our Gallery reinstalled. The installation wasn't too bad once I understood the requirements. I didn't bother updating us to Gallery 2 since that requires a database, and I didn't want to fool with it. Also, I figured recovering to the latest version of Gallery 1 would let us keep all our previously configured users and albums - which it did.

Formatting was a royal PITA - I had to redo all of the "tweaks" I did a few years ago to incorporate the header, sidebar, footer, and standard CSS styles for the site, which essentially means figuring it out all over again. I killed those brain cells off a few drained cornies ago... but we're 95% of the way there.

We've got tons of new stuff we can add "free" through GoDaddy. There are a few BLOG add-ons, but I'm not sure that we want to move it. This one works great. We also now have up to 10 MySQL databases - I guess at some point I'll have to learn MySQL syntax and how to access it via PHP... fun... :-
This weekend I'm brewing a clone of Dogfish Head's Indian Brown Ale from the September 2005 issue of Brew Your Own... should be good. I'm excited about it, and already have a 3 quart yeast starter of WLP005 British Ale fermented out and in the fridge downstairs in preparation for Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home