Friday, December 30, 2005

 

New Years Eve Brew

Yeah, I'm getting in my 200 gallons under the wire. Its silly and unnecessary (and I'm going to be seriously screwed for secondary fermenters in a week or so) but hey - I can say that I did it once. I'm brewing 10 gallons of my delicious Amarillo Pale Ale. 21 pounds of grain measured, a huge starter of White Labs California V is in the refrigerator, I've got all my stuff drug upstairs so I can just wake up and start brewing tomorrow morning early. Oh crap! Need to go set the coffee maker.

I hope to be done by noon - then I can spend the rest of the day entertaining the children and wife, and deciding how I want to spend my evening - I've got many good beers in the basement, and I'm not sure which ones I should crack into. Maybe tomorrow evening would be the perfect time to drain my bottles of Ommegang to culture the yeast...

I hope to get together with Marty sometime over the next week or so and talk about what we want to do this year. I know that the First State Brewers is about fun, socializing, and sharing our homebrews and is most decidedly not about structure, and I don't really want to change that - but if there are activities and subjects that people want us to do, then I'm all for it. For example:

So hopefully Marty and I can come up with a couple ways to make 2006 an even greater year for the club... I certainly want to do right by you all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home