Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

Blowout!!!

Well, I was definitely correct when I said that the yeast were performing admirably... They blew out my airlock yesterday! The airlock was still in place, but it was totally gummed up and full of yeast. I sanitized a new stopper and airlock, replaced it, and knocked the kraeusen down by swirling the carboy liquid...

By this morning, the krauesen had risen significantly once again and was 2-3 inches from the airlock... Might have another situation to deal with when I get home. This Burton Ale yeast has some seriously gummy kraeusen!

I must have seriously stepped up the yeast and got it activated before pitching. I should have no problems repitching this weekend into 10 gallons of nut brown... Except maybe a shortage of airlocks!!! :-D

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home