Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Out with the old...

My first 3 gallon keg of Scotch ale just kicked. I have put on the second... And when moving stuff around there, the Porter is probably a half pint away from kicking as well... which means OAK AGED VANILLA IMPERIAL PORTER will be on tap very soon.

I have a problem with one of the 3 gallon cornies of OAVIP... I checked this morning and one of the poppets on gas-in side isn't holding pressure, so the keg is essentially flat. I scrambled to pull a post & poppet off the scrap keg I bought from HDYB, get it cleaned and sanitized, and installed... It seems to be holding pressure just fine. I'll hold my breath on contamination until we crack into the keg, but I think I'm fine.

I have the servomyces in my hands. WOOOOOT! It cost me nearly $14 for 6 capsules... OUCH!!! If anyone out there wants to try this stuff, order it from MoreBeer. They have it for < $8 for 6 capsules. I will be kicking myself for not just getting it online for a few weeks, I imagine.

The Alucard Strong Dark Ale will be brewed tomorrow - I'm stoked. This is a beer I've had on my drawing board for over 2 months now, and I've been dying to brew it. Imagine a belgian - light in body, big in flavor, black as midnight, with hop spiciness, roasted notes, and a touch of licorice in the nose and leave... It should be near >8% ABV, finish somewhere around 1.016... The mix of WLP500 and 550 will probably be a very interesting mix of fruit and spicy phenols...

I also have everything I'll need for my next 3 batches after that...
. That should keep me plenty busy until May when the inaugural brew on my AG system happens - Another batch of Amarillo Pale Ale.

Yeah, I'm obsessed. Its a sickness. And I just don't care. :-p

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home